Pahom, O. (submitted). Defying marginalization and transcending borders: Spanglish as an English variety in a globalized world.
Pahom, O., Farley, A. & Ramonda, K. (2015). Are the best language learners from Mars or from Venus? Gender and vocabulary acquisition in the L2 Spanish classroom. The Reading Matrix: An International Online Journal 15(1): 158-172. Available online: http://www.readingmatrix.com/files/12-69543423.pdf
Farley, A, Pahom, O., & Ramonda, K. (2014). Is a picture worth a thousand words? Using images to create a concreteness effect for abstract words: Evidence from beginning L2 learners of Spanish. Hispania 97(4): 634-650.
Pahom, O. (2014). Instruction in the adult acquisition of English as a second language: Does it make a difference? CCTE Studies 79: 66-73.
Pahom, O. (2013). Review of An introduction to conversation analysis by A. J. Liddicoat. International Journal of the Linguistic Society of the Southwest 32(1): 141-144.
Pahom, O. (2013). Review of Language, gender, and community in late twentieth-century fiction by M. J. Hurst. Gender and Language 7(3): 417-420. Available online: http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/GL/article/view/15882
Pahom, O. (2012). Review of Key terms in second language acquisition by B. VanPatten & A. Benati. The Electronic Journal for English as a Second Language 16(3). Available online: http://www.tesl-ej.org/pdf/ej63/r6.pdf
Selected Current Projects
1. Bilingual couples’ talk: Gender, storytelling, and language choices with Spanish-English bilingual couples in the U.S.
2. The impact of oral and written feedback on second language writing: Evidence from graduate ESL learners (with Linley Melhem)
3. Bilingualism, gender, and backchanneling in Japanese conversations (with Rie Iwamoto and Shiori Nakamura)
4. Affective factors in second language acquisition (with Men Nguyen)
5. Syntactic position and adjective meaning: A study on prenominal and postnominal adjectives in Romanian