Pahom, O. (submitted). Defying marginalization and transcending borders: Spanglish as an English variety in a globalized world.
Pahom, O., Iwamoto, R., & Nakamura, S. (under review). The role of bilingualism and gender in Japanese backchanneling practices: Evidence from same-gender friends’ conversations via Skype.
Lee, Y. J., Pahom, O. & Weeks, B. L. (2019). Kinetic Study for Comprehensive Understanding of Solid-state Phase Transitions of Nicotinamide/Pimelic Acid Co-crystals. Crystal Growth & Design 19(2):932-941. Available online: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.cgd.8b01488
Pahom, O., Farley, A. & Ramonda, K. (2015). Are the best language learners from Mars or from Venus? Gender and vocabulary acquisition in the L2 Spanish classroom. The Reading Matrix: An International Online Journal 15(1): 158-172. Available online: http://www.readingmatrix.com/files/12-69543423.pdf
Farley, A, Pahom, O., & Ramonda, K. (2014). Is a picture worth a thousand words? Using images to create a concreteness effect for abstract words: Evidence from beginning L2 learners of Spanish. Hispania 97(4): 634-650.
Pahom, O. (2014). Instruction in the adult acquisition of English as a second language: Does it make a difference? CCTE Studies 79: 66-73.
Pahom, O. (2013). Review of An introduction to conversation analysis by A. J. Liddicoat. International Journal of the Linguistic Society of the Southwest 32(1): 141-144.
Pahom, O. (2013). Review of Language, gender, and community in late twentieth-century fiction by M. J. Hurst. Gender and Language 7(3): 417-420. Available online: http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/GL/article/view/15882
Pahom, O. (2012). Review of Key terms in second language acquisition by B. VanPatten & A. Benati. The Electronic Journal for English as a Second Language 16(3). Available online: http://www.tesl-ej.org/pdf/ej63/r6.pdf
Selected Current Projects
1. Bilingual couples’ talk: Gender, storytelling, and language choices with Spanish-English bilingual couples in the U.S.
2. The impact of oral and written feedback on second language writing: Evidence from graduate ESL learners (with Linley Melhem)
3. The structure and function of Japanese Skype conversation openings and closings between same-gender friends: A conversation analysis approach (with Shiori Nakamura)
4. Affective factors in second language acquisition (with Men Nguyen)
5. Syntactic position and adjective meaning: A study on prenominal and postnominal adjectives in Romanian